Peel Family Shelter
Peel Family Shelter provides emergency housing for homeless families in Peel. It is designed with 60 units which can accommodate up to 225 people.
The program operates 24 hours a day on a year-round basis.
The Peel Family Shelter is supported by both the Region of Peel and the Salvation Army. The facility is owned and operated by the Region of Peel, while the Salvation Army manages the daily programming and staffing.
The Salvation Army and Region of Peel staff help homeless persons by:
- Fostering well-being
- Providing shelter, food and clothing
- Helping families locate affordable housing
- Supporting families in their transition to independent living
- Providing effective connections with community agencies
- Providing support to seek and secure employment
Homeless families seeking emergency accommodation should contact the Shelter Intake Line at 905-272-7061.