The Wilkinson Road Shelter provides temporary emergency housing for homeless men, 25 years of age or older.
The Wilkinson Road Emergency Shelter is supported by both the Region of Peel and the Salvation Army. The facility is owned and operated by the Region of Peel, while the Salvation Army manages the daily programming and staffing.
The Salvation Army and Region of Peel staff help homeless men by:
- Fostering well-being
- Providing shelter, food and clothing
- Ensuring that all men have access to primary health care
- Helping men locate affordable housing
- Supporting men in their transition to independent living
- Providing effective connections with community agencies
- Providing support to seek and secure employment
Homeless men seeking emergency accommodation should contact the shelter at 905-452-1335. Also see the list of all shelters and emergency services.