Emergency First Aid Tips
How to Prepare for the Arrival of Paramedics
Providing critical information to paramedics will help them care for you as best and quickly as possible. Completing the information requested in the medical information or wallet card below will help save time in an emergency. Print, complete and keep it updated so you can provide it to paramedics in case of an emergency.
You've called 911
In any emergency situation it is important to stay calm, get organized and prepare for emergency services to arrive.
- Move all cars from the driveway
- Gather the patient’s medication and Ontario Health Card
- Turn on the lights inside and outside of the home
- Unlock and open the front door
- Clear a path to the patient, both inside and outside
- Secure pets
- Ensure your house number is clearly displayed and illuminated
In an emergency, always call 9-1-1