Integrated Waste Management
The Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe promotes a culture of conservation by requiring municipalities to implement integrated waste management through:
- enhanced waste reduction, composting, and recycling initiatives;
- identification of new opportunities for source reduction, reuse and diversion;
- a comprehensive plan with integrated approaches to waste management;
- promotion of reuse and recycling of construction materials; and
- consideration of waste management initiatives within the context of long-term regional planning, and in collaboration with neighbouring municipalities.
The Region’s Environment, Transportation and Planning Services department is undertaking a Long-Term Waste Management Strategy for the Region. Its results will amend the Peel ROP’s existing waste management policies. . For a more detailed look at waste management in Peel, please refer to the Integrated Waste Management Discussion Paper (1.1 MB, 120 pages). Your comments and viewpoints are also encouraged.