Peel Agricultural Advisory Working Group (PAAWG)
In 1998, the Peel Agricultural Advisory Working Group (PAAWG) was created to build closer connections to the farming community and to act as an advisory body to Regional Council. PAAWG promotes the need for a healthy rural community while valuing our farmlands. Agriculture is important in the region and PAAWG supports farmers and farming groups as important players in our economy and community. Among its various responsibilities, PAAWG acts as the Approvals Committee for funding applications under the Peel Rural Water Quality Program (PRWQP).
To learn more about the purpose and structure of PAAWG, please read our Terms of Reference.
Who sits on PAAWG?
PAAWG consists of twelve members appointed for a four-year term, specifically:
- Regional Chair (ex-officio) (1)
- Regional or area municipal Councillors (up to 3)
- Peel Federation of Agriculture (2)
- Peel Soil and Crop Improvement Association (2)
- Representative of a Peel Agricultural Society or other special agricultural interest group (2)
- Citizens-at-large (3)
- Representative of a Peel youth organization (1)
Staff from the Region of Peel, Town of Caledon, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and Credit Valley Conservation Authority also attend each meeting.
When and how often are meetings held?
PAAWG meets a minimum of four four times a year, but may meet more frequently for special topics and events. Meetings are open to the public and are typically held in the Mississauga Room at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A from 7 to 9 p.m. To confirm a specific meeting time, date and location please contact us.
2018 meeting dates:
- Thursday, February 22, 2018 - Cancelled
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 - Agenda - Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 - Agenda - Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, November 22, 2018 - Agenda - Meeting Minutes
2017 meeting dates:
*Older meeting minutes and agendas are available by request
Reports to Regional Council
How to be a delegate at a PAAWG meeting
Individuals who would like to appear before PAAWG are asked to submit a request to Region of Peel staff two weeks prior to their preferred meeting date. For more detailed instructions, please contact us.
Mail or in Person:
Region of Peel
Integrated Planning Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite A, 6th Floor
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 4749
905-791- 7800 ext. 4749
Toll-free: 1-888-919-7800 ext. 4749
Friday May 11 2018