2011 Census: Age and Sex Data
- Median age in Peel was 36.9 years, the lowest in the GTA
- 49.1 percent of Peel's population in May 2011 were male and 50.9 percent were female
- Peel had 29.2 percent more people entering the workforce (aged 15 to 24) than leaving (55 to 64), compared to the GTA that had 15.8 percent more people entering the workforce than leaving
- Peel Region has the second highest proportion of children aged 0 to 4 (6.1 percent) and the highest proportion of the population aged 0 to 14 (19.7 percent) in the GTA
- Peel's population aged 65+ makes up 10.5% of the total population, which is the lowest in the GTA; however, it grew by 30 percent from 2006 to 2011
- There are 115 centenarians (aged 100+) in Peel, up from 85 in 2006.
2011 CENSUS BULLETIN - Age & Sex
This bulletin summarizes the 2011 Census Age and Sex data release for Peel and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Age and Sex Highlights: 2011