2011 Census: Marriage & Families
- This bulletin summarizes the Family and Marital Status portion of the 2011 Families, Households, and Marital Status data release for Peel Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- In 2011, there were 361,975 census families in Peel and 1,665,205 census families in the GTA, an 11.7% and 8.6% increase, respectively, since 2006.
- In Peel, 55.4% of people aged 15 and over were married, down from 56.9% in 2006.
- Over 55% of people aged 15 years and older in Peel were married
- The number of children aged 25+ living at home in Peel increased by 29% since 2006
- Peel had the highest proportion of married couples with children in the GTA
CENSUS BULLETIN - Marriage & Families