What is linking?
Linking means one website connecting to another website through a "hypertext" link: a specially coded word or graphic that when clicked, takes a site visitor to another web page.
A link can take visitors to another page within the same website (an "internal link"), or to another website altogether (an "external link").
If you provide a connection to our site by either a coded word or image, you have "linked" to our site.
Linking to the Region of Peel Website
The Region of Peel lets other websites link to this site.
You may link to the Region of Peel website only if you agree with the following Linking terms and Conditions.
Linking to our website means that you agree with and accept our terms and conditions and will be bound by them. If you don't agree with these stipulations, don't link to this website.
Linking terms and conditions
If you link to the Region of Peel website from your site, you must not:
- Imply that the Region of Peel is endorsing you or your products or services.
- Imply an affiliation between you or any entity upon whose behalf you might be acting without the prior written consent of the Region of Peel.
- Misrepresent your relationship with the Region of Peel or present false or misleading impressions about the Region or its services.
- Feature content site visitors might interpret as criminal, distasteful or offensive or infringes the rights of others. All content should be appropriate for all age groups.
- Create frames around the Region of Peel website or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of our site.
- Use the Region of Peel logo and any other Region of Peel name, mark, or other materials in a way that is likely to cause confusion, weaken or harm the reputation or image of the Region or any of its products and services.
- Delay in removing our logo and/or links to our site on our written or electronic request.
Rights to logos, trademarks and icons
If you link to this website:
- The Region of Peel gives you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use its logos, trademarks and Internet icon(s) (if available) solely for serving as a link from your website to ours.
- You acknowledge that all rights to the logos, trademarks, icons and content appearing on our website belong to the Region of Peel. You will not at any time directly or indirectly contest or infringe these rights.
Changes to our link terms and conditions
- The Region of Peel reserves the right to amend these link terms and conditions at any time.
- By continuing to link to the Region of Peel website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these link terms and conditions, as amended from time to time.
- It is your responsibility to check this page periodically to review the current version of our link terms and conditions.
Terminating your right to link
- The Region of Peel might, at any time and in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause.
- If we exercise this right, you will immediately remove all links to this site on our written or electronic request.
Responsibility or liability for content
The Region of Peel has no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website at any time.
Losses or damages from linking to our site
Under no circumstances will the Region of Peel be liable or responsible to you for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from or in connection with:
- Your link to this site.
- Your use of or access to or reliance on, or your inability to use or access this site.
- Any contents of this site.
- Any external links on this site.
- Any website (or website content) linked to this site.