The Region uses an online bidding system for all bid opportunities called bids&tenders™.
- preview bid documents,
- register as a plan taker,
- acknowledge agenda, and
- submit, edit and/or withdraw bid submissions.
Bidders are encouraged to create a free account to receive email notifications of any bid opportunities matching their organization's commodity type.
All of the Region's open bids are posted on the bids&tenders™ website.
How to search for a bid
- Click “view open or historical bids” button above
- Scroll to search bar above table of bids
- Click “open” button at far right to filter bids, e.g., open, closed, awarded
- Enter a keyword in “search” box or click “advanced search” to narrow your search
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext.4303
Address: 10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite A, 1st Floor, Room 101, Brampton, ON L6T 4B9.
When you're visiting us, smoking and vaping are not permitted on the grounds of Region of Peel offices, including parking lots. We thank you for your cooperation.
The Region of Peel is committed to open, fair and transparent procurement practices to achieve best value for money in the stewardship of public funds. The Procurement team is a group of professionals providing the service of acquiring goods/services as required by our clients (regional departments) in a cooperative and timely manner within the Procurement by-law (PDF) and procedures set out by The Regional Municipality of Peel.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Bidders' complete electronic bid submissions must be received through the bids&tenders™ website in accordance with the Submission Instructions contained within the bid document.
Bid Security: Digital Bid Bonds
The Region's only form of bid security will be digital bid bonds. When a bid security is required, vendors will be required to submit a digital bid bond as part of their online bid submission.
Vendors are encouraged to contact their sureties well in advance of submitting a bid to arrange for the preparation of any required digital bid bond. The verifiable digital bid bond should be uploaded into your submission in the required field.
All bid opportunities can be viewed on the Region's bids&tenders™ website.
Benefits and Fees for Using bids&tenders™
Using bids&tenders™ offers many benefits including unlimited access to bid postings from all agencies using bids&tenders™ in Canada.
You can register for bids&tenders™ to download bid documents and receive notifications about new bid opportunities.
An annual subscription fee of $169.95 will give you unlimited access to bid postings from all agencies using bids&tenders™ in Canada. A one-time, pay-per-bid option is also available at $50.85 per bid. You can preview bid documents without payment.
Registering as a bidder does not guarantee bidding opportunities or contract award.
Creating and Managing Your Account
Bidders are encouraged to create a free vendor account.
If other individuals in your organization require access to view, edit, acknowledge agenda, submit and/or withdraw bids on your behalf, they can be added by clicking on the "add another contact" button once a primary account has been created.
When creating a Vendor Account do not invite additional contacts that you do not want to have access to view, edit, submit and/or withdraw your bids or who may be in direct competition. For example, a company may have two divisions that could be competing for the same Bid Opportunity.
It is your sole responsibility to keep your additional invited contact(s) current and delete any contacts that you do not want to have the ability to submit, edit and/or withdraw your company bid submissions (for example: delete any contact that is no longer employed with your company).
Accounts are associated with your e-mail address. An organization can have numerous contacts under the company profile. Once a primary account has been created, the organization has the option to add multiple users who will have the same access to the Bid Opportunities site.
If you are unsure if your company has an account, please contact eSolutions at email@example.com. This will ensure there is no duplication in the system.
Submitting,Editing or Withdrawing Your Bid Submission
If you try to process your bid submission past the closing date/time, you will receive a message stating that you have missed the deadline and your bid cannot be accepted.
Bidders may edit or withdraw their bid submission at any time prior to the closing time and date.
Bidders will automatically receive an e-mail notification confirming their bid submission.
If you are having difficulty submitting a bid, check the following:
- Ensure you are using the recommended internet browsers: Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
- In the submission, every tab must have a green checkmark indicating that all the mandatory requirements have been completed. If a field has been missed, there will be a red exclamation mark.
- In the "Preview My Bid" tab, a red box will appear indicating warnings and errors in the bid submission. Click the "Fix it!" button and the system will direct you to the error's location.
If you still experience any difficulties, contact eSolutions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the status of the bid, go to the search engine, change the status to "All" and enter the Bid Document Number. The status of a bid will be indicated under "BidDetails".
Prior to bid closing, the list of plan takers will be available to view. Once the bid has closed, a summary of bid submissions, plan takers and award results (if available) is posted in the Bid Details section after the bid.
Bidders may be required to review and/or submit the following documents in support of your bid.
Vendors who provide services for the Region must agree to and abide by compliance with all Acts, Regulations, Codes and Regional Guidelines pertinent to their project.
Certificates, Codes and Compliance Requirements
- Certificate of Insurance (DOC): Use this to certify your insurance policies are in force.
- Health and Safety Compliance Certificate (DOC): Use this to verify you shall comply with all pertinent health and safety requirements for the project
- Code of Conduct (DOC): Your employees suppliers, and sub-contractors must follow these rules while on site performing work for the Region.
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA): Successful vendors must comply with the AODA in providing goods or services to people with disabilities. We will consider accessibility for people with disabilities when making procurement evaluations.
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acknowledgement (DOC): When required, use this to indicate that you acknowledge the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations.
- Public Works Design, Specifications & Procedures Manual: Use this reference manual for consultants, engineers, inspectors and regional staff involved in the design of Regional plants and services and/or submissions of engineering proposals and agreements for land development.
Information for Successful Vendors
- Payment and invoice information: We strive to pay bills in a timely manner using electronic funds transfer. Once you're awarded, you should review all applicable Accounts Payable information on this page.
- SCMA Code of Ethics – Members in the Supply Chain Management Association and its affiliated institutes and corporation shall abide by the constitution and the rules and by-laws of the institute or corporation.
- NIGP Code of Ethics – These ethical principles govern the conduct of every person employed by a public sector procurement or materials management organization.
- OPBA Statement of Ethics for Public Purchasers – The staff associated with the purchasing process subscribe to and practise their profession according to these five tenets.
You can review the Region of Peel's vendor performance evaluations procedures and related items; they're currently being used solely for the evaluation of Public Works and Real Property Asset Management contracts.
- F35-39 Consultant Performance Evaluation procedure (PDF)
- Consultant Performance Evaluation Form (XLSX)
- F35-27 Vendor Performance Evaluations procedure (PDF)
- Contractor Performance Evaluation Form 2015 (XLSX)
- Contractor Performance Evaluation Form 2016, Real Property Asset Management (XLSX)
To obtain an up-to-date list of contractors currently unable to be considered as a sub-contractor on Region of Peel contracts, call 905-791-7800 ext. 7538. This list shall be updated on a regular basis to reflect any changes that occur; be sure to check back regularly.
If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.