Starting in Your Neighbourhood
Proposed Trunk Sanitary Sewer on Highway 50
The Region of Peel will be installing a new, large sanitary sewer pipe on Hwy 50 from Old Castlemore Road to Coleraine Drive. The reason for this work is to improve the existing wastewater service in your area and to prepare for future development. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. The sanitary sewer pipe takes wastewater from homes and business to the treatment plant. View attached map.
Reducing the Impact of Construction
- The work will be phased to minimize disruption to traffic in the area
- Two lanes of traffic, in each direction will be open at all times during construction. Traffic speed will be reduced to 60 km/hour.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times to homes and businesses.
- Should construction require an interruption of your water supply, we will contact to arrange the most convenient time. If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience.
- If there are any substantial changes to the project, we will let you know.
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Construction is expected to start May 19, 2015 and continue to the end of October 2016. Work will happen between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements or if you have any comments or issues.
Jimmy Chong, Project Manager
905-791-7800, ext. 7886 to leave a message
Or email: email@example.com