Queen Street Improvements in Bolton
Elizabeth Street to Hickman Street
Projects 09-4830, 10-4910 and 17-4635
- Queen Street Improvements Downtown Bolton (PDF, 69KB)
- Top Asphalt Paving October 25 to 26, 2017 (PDF 71KB)
- October 11, 2017 (PDF, 71KB)
- Queen Street Improvements Starting May 29, 2017 (PDF, 158KB)
- Public Notice of Open House
- Open House Display Boards (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Water and Sewer Works Starting March 6, 2017 (PDF, 123KB)
Asphalt paving on Queen Street North from Sterne Street to Hickman Street
UPDATE NOTICE: STREETLIGTING IMPROVEMENTS TAKING PLACE IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY, 2018.
What are we doing?
Works will include:
- Replacing all decorative streetlight poles between Hickman Street and Willow Street.
- Installing cobra style streetlight poles on top of the retaining wall west of Queen Street, south of King Street.
- Replacing banner poles with decorative streetlight poles between Willow Street and Norton Boulevard.
- Rehabilitation of Humber River Bridge
- Bridge deck repairs and waterproofing
- New decorative railings
- Removal of the sidewalk on the west side
- Widening of the sidewalk on the east side
- Traffic Signals and Street Lighting
- Removal of signalized intersection at Mill Street
- New signalized intersection at Hickman Street
- New signalized pedestrian crossing at Sterne Street
- Street lighting enhancement between King Street and Elizabeth Street
- Rehabilitation of culvert under Queen Street South
- Rehabilitation of retaining walls on the west side of Queen Street South
- Sidewalk improvements
- For further details, please see the scope of work drawings
- Asphalt paving on Queen Street North from Sterne Street to Hickman Street
- Start: May 29, 2017
- Finish: October 2017, weather permitting
Who can you call?
|Contractor Personnel - Marbridge Construction Ltd.
Under contract to the Region of Peel.
|Walter Marsetti||Site Supervisor||416-881-8202
(24 hour emergency contact)
|Tod Markelj||Project Manager||416-881-8201|
|Consultant Personnel - GHD|
|Erik Rimas-Ribikauskas||Contract Administrator||416-317-1913|
|Michael Shallhorn||Project Manager||905-429-5023|
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Olek Garbos||Project Manager||905-791-7800 Ext. 7827|
|Mirgjen Arkaxhiu||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800 Ext. 3246|
|Rebecca Caughey||Traffic Signals||905-791-7800 Ext. 7851|
|Denise Dang||Traffic Operations||905-791-7800 Ext. 7853|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7a.m. to 7p.m.
- We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete
- Queen Street North will be reduced to one lane in each direction for the duration of the project.
- Lane closures for all other work will be done in non-peak hours.
- Ontario Provincial Police will be present during lane closures at all intersections to direct traffic safely.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- For more information see the Proposed Construction Staging and Traffic Detour drawings.
- If we need to block your driveway you will be contacted for alternate access.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any special needs.