A-Z List | Accessible Info | Careers | Contact Us

Images from Peel Region Public Works on Twitter
Public Works Construction

Construction in Peel: Caledon

Watermain Replacement and Improvement Main Street from Mcclellan Road to Station Street
Project #13-1330 B-1

We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2018.

What are we doing?

  • Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Main Street as shown on the attached map (PDF, 71KB)
  • Replacing the water service pipe to your service box. 


To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.


We expect to start work on or about July 6, 2015.

The project should be completed before September 2015.

We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.

Contact Persons

Region of Peel
Contact Person Responsibilities Telephone Number
Sean Ballaro Project Manager 905-791-7800, ext. 7917
Kevin Clouthier Inspector 905-791-7800, ext. 3246
Develco Contracting Inc.
Develco Contracting Inc. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
Contact Person Responsibilities Telephone Number
Peter Ozaruk Project Manager 905-266-0755
Ben Moise Superintendent 905-266-0755

Working Hours

Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.  These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws.  We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.

Traffic and Parking Control

  • We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction. 
  • If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
  • On-street parking will be reduced during construction.

Driveway Access

Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.  If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.  If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.

We will make sure businesses have access at all times.

Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours. 

Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems

Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line. 

You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.

Trimming Trees

If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.

If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.

The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.

Interrupting Your Water Supply

It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water.  Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.

If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.


You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work. 

Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod

The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.

You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week.  This is especially important in hot or dry weather.

We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.

Repairing Your Driveway

If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway.  Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.

Before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.

If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.

We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.

Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks

We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.

Private-side Servicing

We will replace the water service pipe to your service box (the round valve near the property line). 

As the pipe between the service box and the building is probably the same age and condition as the watermain, you may wish to replace it to ensure a constant supply of high-quality drinking water to your tap.  This is the property owner's responsibility; the Region cannot do this work for you. 

For more information on replacing the private-side water service, please visit peelregion.ca/pw/water/private-side-water-service.htm

Closing Your Private Well

If you have a private well, we strongly recommend you decommission it as per Ministry of Environment Regulations (Ontario Wells Regulation 903).  The Region of Peel has a Private Well Abandonment Program to decommission private wells on existing private residential or farming properties on a first-come, first-served basis, at no cost to the resident.  Please visit peelregion.ca/water/water-trtmt/wellhead-abandon.htm or call
905-791-7800, extension 4685 for more program information.

If you wish to keep your private well for irrigation purposes, etc., you must install an approved backflow prevention device on the water service at point of entry into the building and maintain it in working order.

Project Updates

The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.

We will try to disturb you as little as possible.

Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.  

How Did We Do?

After we've finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.

Please complete the card and mail it back to us.

Revised: Thursday January 04 2018


Home | Contact Us | Search | A-Z Topic List
Privacy & Terms of Use | Service Commitment

Smaller Text Larger Text