Installation of Water Feedermain
Lakeshore Road East From Lakefront Promenade to Dixie Road Dixie Road from Lakeshore Road East to Golden Orchard Drive
For latest information, please visit Hanlan Water Project or follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp
What are we doing?
- Installing a 2400-mm (8 feet) diameter water feedermain on Lakeshore Road East between Lakefront Promenade and Dixie Road, and on Dixie Road between Lakeshore Road East and Golden Orchard Drive. Work will be done by tunnelling.
Area map (PDF 23KB, 1 page)
- To meet the water demands of future planned and approved Regional growth, including the Mississauga city centre core.
- To provide operational flexibility if we need to temporarily shut off the existing Hanlan Feedermain for inspection and repair.
- Work will start in November/December 2013.
- The project should be completed by mid to late 2016.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Bill Turner||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7837|
|Scott Durdle||Hanlan Ambassador||416-274-3013|
|CH2M Hill - Consultant|
|Eric Wildschut||Contract Administrator||416-499-0090, ext. 73489|
|Theo Melo||Site Inspector||647-286-2614|
|McNally Construction Inc.
McNally Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Armenio Martins||Project Manager||416-676-0279|
Traffic and Parking Control
- This section of the Hanlan Water Project is being tunnelled. Therefore, traffic should only be disrupted at shaft locations, indicated by on the map.
- At shaft locations, we may need to reduce traffic to a single lane in each direction during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Check hanlanwaterproject.ca/construction for construction updates and to see where traffic is likely to be affected.
- Follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp or check the Drivers' Hotline 1-855-hanlan1 (1-855-426-5261).
- The Region of Peel will let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- Please call the Project Manager or Ambassador if you have any concerns or special needs.
- Property owners or tenants within 100 metres of the construction zone should have received a letter offering a preconstruction inspection survey performed by OZA Inspections Ltd. If you live or own property within 100 metres of Lakeshore Road East or Dixie Road work zones and have not received this letter, call Sandi at 905-791-7800 ext. 5078.
- The work may generate slight vibrations which may be felt in your home or business. As a precaution, you may consider removing or securing small, light or fragile objects from shelving and walls during the construction period.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- The Hanlan Feedermain carries water from the Lakeshore Water Treatment Plant to the Hanlan Reservoir and Pumping Station. There are no water services connected to the feedermain, so it is very unlikely your water will be interrupted.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.