Watermain Replacements Assignment B2
Hensall Circle, Orwell Street and Teldo Street
Project #12-1345 B2
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermains on Hensall Circle, Orwell Street and Tedlo Street, as shown on the attached map.
- Transferring water services to the new watermain.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of Peel's State of Good Repair Program.
- We expect to start work on or about April 1, 2013, starting on Hensall Circle.
- The project should be completed before August 2013.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Rick Wells||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7839|
|Solomon Gyabaah||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Rymall Construction Ltd.
Rymall Construction Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Bob Clarke||Project Manager||416-745-0707, ext. 227|
|Piero Fabiano||Site Superintendent||416-677-2784|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction. Specifically on Hensall Circle, major traffic delays are expected.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- We may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- We will try to let you know 48 hours (2 days) before we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- The construction work may generate slight vibrations which may be felt in your home. As a precaution, you may consider removing or securing small, light or fragile objects from shelving and walls during the construction period.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or to gain access to the watermain, we will repair the asphalt from edge to edge across the driveway within the limits of disturbance, from the sidewalk to beyond the damaged area. Unfortunately the Region cannot undertake complete driveway replacement.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.