Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Replacement
Church Street, Water Street and Wyndham Street
Projects 12-1345E and 11-2305
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until January 2018.
- Update August 2015: Church Street & Water Street (PDF 56)
- Update Water Pressure Reduction: Wyndham St June 2015 (PDF 67KB)
- Update June 2015: 85 Church Street (PDF 54KB)
- Update Road Closure: Church Street June 19th to July 3rd 2015 (PDF 56KB)
- Update Road Closure: Church Street Extended to June 15th 2015 (PDF 55KB)
- Update Road Closure: Water Street May 27th to June 5th 2015 (PDF 50KB)
- Update Road Closure: Church Street May 15th to June 5th 2015 (PDF 55KB)
- Update Road Closure: Water Street May 2015 (PDF 59KB)
- Update Road Closure: Church Street May 2015 (PDF 58KB)
- Update Road Closure: Church Street April 2015 (PDF 55KB)
- Environmental Assessment (PDF 1MB)
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the watermain and sanitary sewer main along Church Street, Water Street, and Wyndham Street as shown on the attached map.
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- Replacing the sanitary service pipe to the property line.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability, and improve existing sanitary service in the area, as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about March 30, 2015, starting at Church Street.
- The project should be completed before October 2015.
- We will start restoring the road when all water and sanitary system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Nicole Sartor||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7832|
|Asad Rauf||Inspector||905-791-5997, ext. 3246|
Rymall Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Bob Clarke||Project Manager||416-677-2783|
|Piero Fabiano||Site Superintendent||416-677-2784|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve, access the watermain, or replace existing sanitary service connections to your property line, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all main replacements and service connections and transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
Closing Your Private Well
- If you have a private well, we strongly recommend you decommission it as per Ministry of Environment Regulations (Ontario Wells Regulation 903). The Region of Peel has a Private Well Abandonment Program to decommission private wells on existing private residential or farming properties on a first-come, first-served basis, at no cost to the resident. Please visit peelregion.ca/pw/water/water-trtmt/wellhead-abandon.htm or call
905-791-7800, extension 4685 for more program information.
- If you wish to keep your private well for irrigation purposes, etc., you must install an approved backflow prevention device on the water service at point of entry into the building and maintain it in working order.
- We will write to you about how to connect your property to municipal water.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How Did We Do?
- After we’ve finished all required work, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.