Watermain Replacements and Improvements Barbican Drive, Cathian Court, Folkway Drive, Jefton Crescent, Jerring Mews, Pheasant Run, Romark Mews and Unity Gate
Project 13-1345 B
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2017.
- Update July 2015: Cathian Court (PDF 52KB)
- Update July 2015: Romark Mews (PDF 56KB)
- Update July 2015: Jerring Mews and Romark Mews (PDF 55KB)
- Update July 2015: Jefton Crescent (PDF 56KB)
- Update June 2015: Pheasant Run (PDF 55KB)
- Update June 2015: Jefton Crescent (PDF 56KB)
- Update May 2015:Pheasant Run (PDF 55KB)
- Update March 2015: Cathian Court, Jefton Crescent, Jerring Mews, Pheasant Run and Romark Mews (PDF 50KB)
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermains in the Glen Erin Drive and Burnhamthorpe Road West area, as shown on the attached map .
- Transferring water services to the new watermain.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about September 22, 2014, starting with Barbican Drive and Unity Gate.
- The remaining streets will commence in the spring of 2015.
- The project should be completed before November 2015.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Greg Beams||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7839|
|Michael Menalo||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
Timbel Limited will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Vince Bellissimo||Project Manager||416-747-1788|
|Nick Ierullo||Site Superintendent||416-997-0054|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- We may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will try to contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- We will try to let you know 48 hours (2 days) before we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- The construction work may generate slight vibrations which may be felt in your home. As a precaution, you may consider removing or securing small, light or fragile objects from shelving and walls during the construction period.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or to gain access to the watermain, we will repair the asphalt from edge to edge across the driveway within the limits of disturbance, or from the sidewalk to beyond the damaged area. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- For Barbican Drive and Unity Gate, our contractor will pave only the trench they have dug and install temporary curbs once all replacements and service transfers are complete because the City of Mississauga plans to pave these streets in 2015.
- For the remainder of the streets, we will restore the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How Did We Do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.