Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Replacement and Improvement Dixie Road from Lakeshore Road East to Cormack Crescent, Cormack Crescent and Larchview Trail
Project 13-1345 Z2
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until November 2019.
For latest information, please visit Hanlan Water Project or follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging local distribution watermain and sanitary sewer along Dixie Road, Cormack Crescent and Larchview Trail (see map), by open-cut construction.
- Replacing your water service and sanitary service to the property line.
- Resurfacing Dixie Road from Lakeshore Road East to Rometown Drive.
- To upgrade the water system and sanitary sewer capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work in early to mid-April.
- The project should be completed before December 2016.
- Permanent restoration will be done once all underground work is completed and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibility||Telephone Number|
|Troy Leyburne||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7919|
|Scott Durdle||Hanlan Ambassador||416-274-3013|
|Eric Wildschut||Contract Administrator||416-499-0090, ext. 73489|
|Manoochehr Anvari-Famian||Site Inspector||416-400-1614|
Trisan Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Daniel Garcia||Project Manager||647-969-4618|
|Andrew Santorelli||Site Superintendent||647-333-8778|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete. Due to the complexity of the project, overnight and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Traffic and Parking Control
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Hanlan Ambassador if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the Hanlan Ambassador if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
- Property owners or tenants within 100 metres of the construction zone received a letter offering a preconstruction inspection survey performed by OZA Inspections Ltd. If you live or own property within this area and have not received this letter, please contact the Hanlan Ambassador.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Hanlan Ambassador.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the Project Manager or Ambassador if you have any concerns or special needs.