Watermain Replacement and Improvement
Dixie Road from Sherway Drive to Blundell Road, And Tonolli Road
Project 13-1345 Z3
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until November 2019.
For latest information, please visit Hanlan Water Project or follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Dixie Road and Tonolli Road. See map (PDF, 150KB).
- Widening Dixie Road from Kendall Road to south of Dundas Street.
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about July 2, 2014, starting with traffic signal upgrades at Dixie Road and Ernest Samuel Road, and Dixie Road and Blundell Road.
- The project should be completed before December 2016.
- We will be permanently restoring the road wherever possible as the construction progresses; however, in some areas temporary restoration will be required until all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|905-791-7800, ext. 7919
|416-499-0090, ext. 73489
Trisan Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|416-410-3839 ext. 238
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete. Due to the complexity of the project, overnight and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the Hanlan Ambassador if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations in your home from the construction work.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- In support of the Mississauga Cycling Master Plan and the Peel Active Transportation Plan, we're working with the City of Mississauga to improve walking and cycling facilities along the Hanlan Water Project Route.
- In your area, we're building asphalt multi-use trails along the west side of Dixie Road from Golden Orchard Drive to Kendall Road.
- Trails are designed to fit within the road right-of-way property limits.
- The design has been completed to try to avoid damaging existing trees. If we must remove a tree, we will consult with City of Mississauga forestry staff to plant replacement trees (where possible).
- If we must cut your driveway to install the trail, we will repair the asphalt or existing surface treatment in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway, from the trail to beyond the damaged area.
- Work will begin on the multi-use trail when we've finished installing the watermain.
- For general information about trails and cycling in Peel, visit walkandrollpeel.ca or mississauga.ca/cycling.
- Email any questions about the Dixie Road multi-use trail to email@example.com.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the Project Manager or Ambassador if you have any concerns or special needs.