Watermain Replacement and Improvement
Aldermead Road, Erin Mills Parkway, Haydock Park Drive, Kempton Park Drive, Phoenix Park Crescent, Sandown Road, Sedgefield Road, Teeside Court, The Gallops, Wincanton Crescent, Windsor Way
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until June 2018.
- Project Update: May 16, 2016 (PDF, 56KB)
- Project Update: May 13, 2016 (PDF, 56KB)
- Project Update: April 28, 2016 (PDF, 59KB)
- Project Update: February 29, 2016 (PDF, 53KB)
- Update October 2015: Phoenix Park and Teeside Court (PDF, 53KB)
- Update October 2015: Haydock Park Drive and Windsor Way (PDF, 48KB)
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along the various streets listed above and as shown on the attached map.
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about March 1, 2015, starting with Phoenix Park Crescent, Teeside Court, and Wincanton Crescent. The remaining streets will be completed in stages.
- The project should be completed by the Spring of 2016.
- We will start restoring the road in stages as we progress through the project, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Sean Ballaro||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext 7917|
|Jimmy Cheema||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|JPW Construction Ltd.
JPW Construction Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Jim Wong||Project Manager||905-542-8168|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- Our contractor will temporarily restore the road and install temporary curbs because the City of Mississauga plans to pave within the project limits starting in 2016.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How Did We Do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.