Furniture and Large Items
Place furniture and large items at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day for pick-up (no appointment required).
The Region collects old furniture and other large items every week – no need to wait for exemption periods.
Items accepted for curbside collection include:
- Barbecues* (propane tanks must be removed and taken to a Community Recycling Centre)
- Carpets (tied in bundles no larger than 1.2 m [4 ft.] in length and 76 cm [2.5 ft.] in width)
- Furniture, e.g. sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses
- Microwave ovens
- Small appliances (e.g. microwaves)
- Toilets (tank must be detached from bowl)
*Barbecues can be taken to any of the Region's five Community Recycling Centres and recycled as scrap metal for a $0 drop-off fee.