Type your waste item:
Plastic or Metal Gasoline Container and Cap (or Spout):
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Remove the cap or spout from the container to release vapours and ensure the container is completely empty.
- Put the cap or spout and the empty container separately in the garbage.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during exemption periods. Exemption periods take place on your scheduled garbage collection day in May, after Victoria Day; in September, after Labour Day; and in December and January, during or after the Christmas holiday.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.