What Do I Do With...?
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: Curbside collection
- The Region collects real Christmas trees from the curb on select days in January.
- If your Christmas tree is shorter than 3 m (10 ft.), put it at the curb on your scheduled recycling collection day during the weeks of January 8 and January 15, 2018. Check your collection calendar before setting out your tree.
- Be sure to properly prepare your tree for collection before setting it on the curb.
- Put real wreaths at the curb for collection on the same day as your Christmas tree.
Option 2: Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- If your tree is taller than 3 m (10 ft), bring it to a CRC between December 25 - January 31.
- Be sure to remove all tinsel, ornaments, plastic bags, nails, wires and tree stands from your tree before bringing it to a CRC.
- If you miss your Christmas tree collection day, drop your tree off at a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) between December 25 - January 31.
- Trees placed in or on snowbanks, or trees still decorated with tinsel or ornaments will not be collected.
- If you live in an apartment or condo, put your Christmas tree at the curb by the driveway entrance of your property. Be sure your tree doesn't obstruct the road or sidewalk.
- For more details on Christmas tree disposal visit How to get rid of…Christmas Tree.
Connect to Peel
Join over 100,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.
Click on the following for a complete list of items: