How to Sort Your Waste
Scrap wood or firewood bundles
This item is garbage.
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: Curbside garbage collection
- Put scrap wood or firewood into your garbage cart.
- The wood pieces must be small enough for you close the cart lid. Wood sticking out of your garbage cart will not be collected.
Option 2: Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Take larger pieces of scrap wood to a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). A disposal fee will apply.
- Wood must be cut to a maximum of 1.2 m (4 ft) in length before being dropped off at a CRC. Pieces larger than 1.2 m will not be accepted.
- Tip: reduce your time at the CRC by sorting your renovation and construction materials into separate piles before dropping them off.
Free waste collection reminders
Get weekly reminders by email, text message or phone call.