Region of Peel - Working for you
Region of Peel - Working for you

How to Sort Your Waste


What Do I Do With...?

Special Services

Dead animals:
Avoid handling dead wild animals or birds. Dead wild animals on public property (i.e. roads and boulevards) should be handled by trained Public Works or Humane Society staff who will provide proper disposal. To report dead animals in public spaces, call your local Animal Control Services: Mississauga: (905) 896-5858 (Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., otherwise call (905) 615-3000, 4:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday) Brampton: (905) 458-5200 (Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m., Saturday to Sunday 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.) Caledon: (905) 857-5208 or Toll-free 1-866-818-5493 (Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.) Dead animals found on private property are the responsibility of the property owner. It is suggested that bury it next to a tree or property line. Do not place dead animal carcasses in the Green Cart, Recycling Cart or Garbage Cart. If you do not want to collect and dispose of the dead animal there are private businesses that can be hired to do this work for a fee. Pest Control or Ontario

Recycle Right

Did you know that if you tie up your recyclables in a plastic shopping bag, it ends up in landfill?

Find out why

Click on the following for a complete list of items:

  • Green Bin
  • Yard Waste
  • Blue Box
  • Garbage
  • CRC
  • Special
Need to contact us? Send feedback or submit a service request.