Region of Peel - Working for you
Region of Peel - Working for you

How to Sort Your Waste


What Do I Do With...?

Yard Waste

House and garden plants:
Place your yard waste at the curb in labelled, open, rigid, reusable containers, bushel baskets or paper yard waste bags weighing no more than 20 kgs (44 lbs) each. Securely tie brush in bundles up to 1.2 m (4 ft.) in length and 76 cm (30 in.) in width, weighing no more than 20 kg (44 lbs.) Brush and tree trimmings must be 10 cm (4 in.) or less in diameter to be collected at the curb. Note: sod and/or soil is NOT yard waste and is not collected at the curb. Grass clippings and small branches (under 4 inch in diameter and under 4 feet in length) are accepted free of charge at only the Bolton and Caledon CRCs. A fee applies at all other CRCs. * Yard waste such as tree limbs, branches and trunks larger than 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter, must be cut to 1.2 m (4 feet lengths) and delivered to a CRC Note: Fees Apply. For CRC locations, visit Community Recycling Centres.

Recycle Right

Did you know that if you tie up your recyclables in a plastic shopping bag, it ends up in landfill?

Find out why

Click on the following for a complete list of items:

  • Green Bin
  • Yard Waste
  • Blue Box
  • Garbage
  • CRC
  • Special
Need to contact us? Send feedback or submit a service request.