What Do I Do With...?
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- If this item is smaller than 7 cm (3 in) in diameter, put it in the garbage.
- Put bottles larger than 50 mL in your recycling. Put bottles smaller than 50 mL in your garbage.
- Crush or flatten larger plastic bottles and containers before placing them in your recycling cart.
- If this item holds more than 5 L or is made of other materials besides plastic, put it in the garbage.
- Use or consume the itemís contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- Separate the plastic lid to get two separate items. Put the lid in your recycling too.
- Separate the cap, filter, absorbent pad, foil, plastic seals or any parts that arenít plastic. Put these items in the garbage.
- Remove any metal handles. Put the handles in your recycling too.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
Connect to Peel
Join over 100,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.
Click on the following for a complete list of items: