The TransHelp Passenger Charter sets out the expectations and responsibilities of TransHelp passengers and employees.
Learn what your responsibilities are as a passenger, and what you can expect.
What Passengers Can Expect
As a Passenger, you can expect to:
- Be transported safely and travel in a clean and well-maintained vehicle by an operator who practices appropriate personal hygiene.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Have your calls answered promptly and courteously.
- Be picked up on time within the pick-up window.
- Be transported to a safe place if delivery to your original destination is not possible.
- Be taken to the first accessible door at your final destination, but not inside.
- Expect service that meets the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
As a Passenger, your responsibilities include:
- Paying the full fare for the service provided and maintaining a positive account balance.
- Wearing a seatbelt at all times.
- Being courteous and considerate of other passengers, drivers, and customer service agents.
- Practicing appropriate personal hygiene.
- Being ready during your pick-up window.
- Using paratransit correctly to ensure that the service is available to all.
- Using conventional transportation when it's available and accessible.