Google Translate Feedback
Thank you for your feedback!
News Item / Trivia Feature / Tips
- Replace old toilets with water efficient models that flush with 4.8 litres or less.
- The average 15 minute shower uses 300 litres of water.
- A faucet that drips once per second will waste about 10,000 litres of water in a year.
- Use a rain barrel to collect rainwater to water your gardens.
- The Great Lakes provide drinking water to 8.5 million Canadians.
- The Region of Peel treats approximately 175 billion litres of water every year.
- Peel's tap water is safe to drink. It is tested for over 150 parameters.
- Canada is the second largest consumer of water in the world.
- Toilets use about 30% of all household water.
- Save water by running your dishwasher only when full.
- The residential toilet replacement program end Sept. 1, 2013
Monday August 26 2013