Google Translate Feedback
Thank you for your feedback!
Top 10 Water Savings Tips
- Replace older toilets with water efficient models that flush with only 4.8 litres (includes dual-flush) or less of water.
- Install toilet devices such as displacement bags, toilet dams, or adjustable flappers to save water each time the toilet is flushed.
- Install a water efficient showerhead that uses no more than 6.4 litres (1.75 gallons) of water per minute.
- Reduce your showering time from 8 to 5 minutes.
- Install aerators on your kitchen and bathroom faucets to reduce water use by up to 4.5 litres (1.2 gallons) per minute.
- When replacing your washing machine, try a high-efficiency, front loading machine, which uses about 30 per cent less water and anywhere from 40 to 70 per cent less energy.
- When replacing your dishwasher, choose a water efficient dishwasher that uses only 27 litres (6 gallons) per load.
- Try to run your appliances, such as the washing machine and dishwasher only when full, using the energy saver or shortest cycle.
- Check toilets and faucets regularly for leaks.
- When brushing teeth, shaving, or washing your hands, be careful not to let the water run unnecessarily.
Friday December 23 2011