Residential rat control subsidy pilot program now available
12-month program helps Peel homeowners with the cost of controlling rats
Rats can cause damage by burrowing under and gnawing structures. They’re a common pest in places with large populations of people.
Experts stress that it’s critical for neighbourhoods to work together to stop infestations from happening.
The Residential Rat Control Subsidy Pilot Program is now available. It runs from March 22, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
Over this 12-month period, the program:
- Can help Peel homeowners with the costs of controlling rats on the exterior of their residential properties.
- Will reimburse eligible homeowners 50% of the cost in hiring a Peel Region approved pest control vendor up to a maximum of $200 per calendar year per Peel residential address.
How to keep rats away from your property
Rats live in places that provide for their essential needs, such as food, water, shelter, and safe ways to travel.
You can help keep rats away from your home and neighbourhood by completely removing or blocking:
- Their food and water supply.
- Any places where they can shelter.
- Any places where they can enter your property.