Peel Region homepage

Reporting non-compliance

Details on how to report non-compliance relating to COVID-19

The Ontario government has ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with possible extension as the situation evolves.

Essential workplaces will be permitted to continue operations to maintain important supply chains, such as those for groceries, medicines and other essential services and products. In addition to closures, the Ontario government issued an order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to prohibit organized public events and social gatherings of more than 10 people.

Reporting non-compliant businesses and gatherings over 10 people

Brampton and Mississauga residents can call 905-791-7800, toll-free: 1-888-919-7800.

Caledon residents can call the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) at 1-888-310-1122 or report non-compliance online.

Reporting a non-compliant food establishment

Call Peel Public Health 905-799-7700, Caledon 905-584-2216. Food establishments include:

Reporting price gouging

Effective immediately, the Ontario government has issued an emergency order that retail businesses and individuals in Ontario cannot charge unfair prices for necessary goods. Consumers can report price gouging on necessary goods by filing a complaint at 1-800-889-9768 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, or by filing a report online.