For Ontarians with Disabilities
- Description of Current Services
- C.1 Program Location Map
- C.2 Profile of Current Services
- C.3 Description of Clients/Customers
- C.4 Description of Clients/Customers
- Disability Education Trainers (Coalition for Persons with Disabilities Peel/Halton/Dufferin; Learning Disabilities Association of Peel Region)
- Translation service providers
- Regional departments involved in program and service delivery endeavours.
- Professional Associations:
Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasures of Ontario (AMCTO), Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO)
- Accessibility Directorate of Ontario
- External collaborative accessibility networks:
Ontario Network of Accessibility Professionals (ONAP), Peel Partners in Accessibility, Coalition of Accessibility Advisory Committees
- City of Brampton Accessibility Advisory Committee
- City of Mississauga Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Provincial Government – Ministry of Community and Social Services (Ministry responsible for AODA and ODA)
- Joint Peel-Caledon Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) to advise the Region of Peel on accessibility issues and addressing the legislative requirements under AODA, ODA and subsequent regulations.
Accessibility Planning Program staff are located at 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton.
Program Support & Coordination
The Accessibility Planning Program coordinates implementation and development of annual accessibility plans as well as providing support to the Region and all Regional departments in assessing and ensuring that services, programs, projects, and policy initiatives address accessibility for citizens, customers, and employees with disabilities.
Accessibility Planning Program provides accessibility advice and informational support services to all Regional Departments.
The Region of Peel’s diverse workforce has approximately 3200 employees who deliver programs and services to over one million Peel residents.
All individuals who wish to seek employment at the Region of Peel.
Customers and Clients of Regional Programs and Services
All individuals who access and use services, programs and information offered and delivered by the Region of Peel.
Prospective Customers and Clients of Regional Programs and Services
All individuals who in the future may require access to services, programs and information offered and delivered by the Region of Peel.