Wastewater Treatment Virtual Tour
Get a special behind-the-scenes look at how wastewater is treated in Peel
The Wastewater Treatment Virtual Tour supports learning in the science and technology, chemistry, geography, and careers subject areas.
We recommend this virtual tour for students in Grades 7-12.
Students will learn
- What happens to wastewater when it goes down the drain.
- The stages of wastewater treatment in Peel.
- What should – and shouldn’t – be put down the drain.
- Different career opportunities in the wastewater field.
To take the Wastewater Treatment Virtual Tour, you’ll need:
- An internet connection.
- A computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- A web browser (we recommend Chrome).
Consider these supporting materials to enhance this learning experience:
- Optional PowerPoint presentation package
How to guide to help students through the tour, curriculum connections, discussion questions and extension activities.
- Student handout
Track students' learning as they complete the tour
- Treatment process map
- Extension activities