Is This A Good Idea?
A word search that addresses short and long term effects of alcohol use.
- Alcohol, like every other drug, changes the way your mind and body works
To do before: Photocopy word search and drug dictionary (if required)
- Distribute the word search and drug dictionary to the class
- Once completed discuss as a group why some of these things could happen for example:
- Teacher prompt: Why do you think drinking alcohol causes car accidents?
- Student response: Drinking alcohol slows down the way your mind and body work. Reaction time is slower and vision is blurred. If someone drinks and then drives they can swerve into lanes and crash as a result.
- Distribute word search
Note to teachers: Please refer to the Resource section for background information