Important signs to watch for if you are pregnant
- Bad cramps or stomach pains that don't go away
- Bleeding or a trickle or gush of fluid from your vagina
- Lower back pain/pressure or change in lower back pain
- A feeling that the baby is pushing down
- Contractions or change in the strength or number of them
- An increase in the amount of vaginal discharge
- Fever, chills, dizziness, vomiting or a bad headache
- Blurry vision or spots before your eyes
- Sudden or severe swelling of your feet, hand or face
- A significant change in your baby's movements
Go to a hospital right away and contact your doctor/midwife if you have any of these symptoms!
Adapted with permission from:
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
COVID-19 in Peel
Many of our services and facilities continue to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine to residents.
Stay up to date about affected services and facilities.
- Six-Week Evening Series
7-9 p.m. A seventh class on Fathering is available in some series.
- Weekend Series
Friday 7-9 p.m. and two consecutive Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Albion/Bolton Community Centre, 150 Queen Street S.
- Peel Public Health Clinic, Fairview
325 Central Pkwy W. Unit 21
- Peel Public Health Clinic, Meadowvale
6975 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle
- Brampton Civic Centre, 150 Central Park Drive, Room 106
Pregnancy is a happy time but it can also be a time of great confusion - so many questions about what is happening to your body and what to expect in the months ahead.
Those questions are answered in the relaxed and informal atmosphere of prenatal classes. The classes are a fun way of connecting with other pregnant women and their partners and learning what to expect during labour, birth and life with your new baby.
Peel Public Health offers a variety of free prenatal classes and programs year-round for couples or single adults, teens, pregnant women who are newcomers to Canada, and women in need.
Now you can also learn online.
eLearning Prenatal Program.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Physical and emotional changes
- Working during pregnancy
- Breathing and relaxation
- Labour and delivery
- Becoming a dad
- Parenting and baby care
To register for prenatal classes call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700