Oral Health Programs
- Due to COVID-19, Region of Peel – Public Health dental clinics remain closed until further notice.
- For more information, call the Region of Peel – Public Health at 905-799-7700.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) Program
Healthy Smiles Ontario is a government-funded dental program that provides free preventive, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 years old and under from low-income households.
The program includes regular visits to a licensed dental provider and covers the costs of treatment including:
- Urgent or emergency dental care
Visit http://www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles for more information.
Preventive Dental Services
- The Region of Peel – Public Health offers free preventive dental services (dental sealants, teeth cleaning and professionally applied topical fluoride) for eligible children 0-17 years of age.
Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
- On November 20, 2019, the provincial government launched a new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program. This program will provide low-income seniors with access to essential dental care they may not otherwise be able to afford.
Peel Public Health is working with local community health centres and the Ministry of Health to provide dental care for eligible seniors.
The OSDCP replaces the Region of Peel Seniors' Dental Program.
Get more information about OSDCP and learn how to apply.
Advise patients to call the Region of Peel - Public Health at 905-799-7700 for more information about oral health programs/services.