Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Financial help and Ontario Works

We'll work with you to determine your needs and what assistance you're eligible for.


Apply for Ontario Works or emergency assistance

If you need help paying for food, clothing, and shelter, financial help is available from the Ontario government.

Help for people with disabilities

If you have a disability and need help paying for food and shelter, you can apply for financial help. This is called the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).

Update your social assistance information

To keep receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support you must update your information when there are changes.

Help paying for funeral arrangements

Apply for help paying for basic funeral costs for a deceased Peel resident.

Keep housing and avoid eviction

You may be eligible for one-time financial help if you are behind in your bills or facing eviction.

Apply for a discounted monthly bus pass

If you live in Brampton or Mississauga and you can't afford a monthly bus pass, you can apply for a discount.

Apply for a child care subsidy

If you can't afford child care, you can apply for financial help. This is called a child care subsidy, and helps you pay for child care.

Help with housing

We’re changing the way we help you find housing services to better support your needs.

Apply for a rebate on your property taxes

We offer rebates to eligible low-income seniors (65+) or low-income persons with disabilities.