Peel Region homepage

Find Additional Ontario Works Support (for existing clients)

If you are receiving Ontario Works financial help, learn about how to update your information, check your payment schedule, and access other available services.

Check this month's Ontario Works payment schedule to find out when your payments will be made.

Update your information

You must make sure that we always have the most up-to-date information about you and your circumstances, in order to maintain your Ontario Works support.

Contact us right away if there are changes to:

When you call us to update your information, we may ask you to show us documents (like a pay stub or a doctor's note). These documents will show us how your information has changed.

To update your information, contact 905-793-9200 (Mississauga or Brampton), or call toll-free at 1-800-327-5379 (Caledon)

Other information

As an Ontario Works client, you can get help paying for emergency dental, denture and eye care for yourself and your family.

As of April 1, 2020, simply bring a piece of ID showing your name and date of birth to your dentist, denturist or eye doctor and tell them that you are with Region of Peel Accerta.

To find out what you are eligible for, please ask at your appointment. If you are told that you are ineligible for service, please call ext. 4535 and leave a voicemail.

Information for dental and vision care providers

If you have clients who are receiving OW or ODSP, you can visit AccertaWorX to confirm if they are eligible for dental and eye care coverage.

If you do not have an account with AccertaWorx, you can call 416-922-6565 or 1-800-505-7430 to receive a welcome package and login information.

Children’s dental program

To learn about how to access dental care for children who are 17 and under, visit visit Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO).

Ontario Works can help you find a job.

Talk to your caseworker about your short-term and long-term employment goals, and what resources are available to help you with your career.

Employment support

Ontario Works offers support to single parents and their children. This support is called 'Families First.'

The services available include:

  • Recreation for children
  • Employment services and supports
  • Public Health Nurse supports

You may be eligible for Families First if:

  • You have at least one child under the age of 18,
  • You are currently receiving Ontario Works, and
  • You are the primary caregiver for your family.

Ask your caseworker about specific options available to you and your children.