We’re working with developers, community agencies, all levels of government, and other partners to build new affordable housing and emergency shelters.
The Housing Development Office manages affordable housing on Region of Peel and Peel Housing Corporation sites from initial concept to building completion. We work through feasibility, land management, pre-development, planning, design, and managing construction, to initiating the rental application process for residents.
We’ve completed several successful projects and continue to deliver affordable housing by working with the community and our stakeholders. We provide opportunities for community partners to build safe, affordable housing that fit into Peel neighbourhoods.
Our office supports non-profit and private developers who are creating new affordable housing in Peel. We recently launched the Affordable Housing Incentives Pilot Program to provide funding to successful applicants to build middle-income rental housing.
We also lead the implementation of the Housing Master Plan. This long-term capital infrastructure plan guides the development of affordable housing on Region of Peel and Peel Housing Corporation sites. The plan’s goal is to add more than 5,650 new affordable rental units including 226 supportive and 60 emergency shelter beds to the housing stock in Peel by 2034.
How we work
Our focus and principles describe how we support housing and homelessness.
We create homes and shelters that give residents stability, peace of mind and safety.
Together, we can build affordable, sustainable, and inclusive neighbourhoods.
Contact us at email@example.com
- Peel Region's Housing and Homelessness Plan
- Peel Region's Housing Master Plan
- Current affordable housing sites in Peel (interactive map)
- National Housing Strategy
- City of Mississauga Affordable Housing Strategy
- City of Brampton housing review
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities Green Municipal fund
- Article – Mississauga's downtown: an urban centre on the rise
- Article – Housing affordability is a high priority for Mississauga