Brampton Bramalea Christian Fellowship Residences Ltd.
Construction is now complete at this affordable housing building in Brampton.
- Applications open
In partnership with the governments of Ontario and Canada, and the Brampton Bramalea Christian Fellowship Residences Ltd. (BBCFR), this third-party led project demonstrates the Region’s ongoing commitment to create viable, affordable housing that aligns with the desired outcomes of the Peel Housing and Homelessness Plan.
The project was completed in 2021.
11655 Bramalea Road is located in Ward 9 in Brampton. BBCFR is close to:
- Bramalea Christian Fellowship Church
- SmartCentres shopping plaza
- 90 units with 29 accessible units
- 6 storey wood framed building with 9-foot ceilings
- Storage lockers are available for an additional fee
- 100% smoke and vape-free building and property
- Indoor and outdoor common areas
- Bicycle room
- Steps to Brampton Transit
- Large windows with blinds included
- Stainless steel appliances
- Vinyl floor in a wood design
- Healthy Energy Recovery Units
- Energy-efficient heating and cooling in each unit
Accessible units offer a turning radius in the kitchen and bathrooms for residents who need the use of a wheelchair or walker. Grab bars can be installed in bathrooms if requested.
There are 2 barrier-free units. This means push-button entry into the unit, fully accessible stove top and wall oven in the kitchen, and roll-in shower and roll-under vanity in the bathroom.
- February 2021 - Construction ends and tenants begin to move in to the building.
- April 2019 - Construction begins.
- March 2017 - Regional Council signs the agreement with the Brampton Bramalea Christian Fellowship to fund the affordable housing project.
- December 2016 - Request for proposals closes.
- September 2016 - Regional Council approves the invitation to accept proposals to those who responded to the expression of interest for the project.
- August 2016 - Peel Region issues a request for expression of interest to identify those interested in developing affordable housing projects.