Brightwater affordable housing project
Bringing 150 affordable housing units to Port Credit.
- Applications open
The Region of Peel is building new affordable housing units within the Brightwater community to increase housing for Peel residents.
The project has received site plan approval and is on the last round of Building Permit submission.
Brightwater is located in Ward 1, Mississauga, at 70 Mississauga Road South and 181 Lakeshore Rd. West, in the waterfront community of Port Credit. As part of Mississauga’s waterfront revitalization, Brightwater reanimates the former Imperial Oil lands in Port Credit.
Brightwater is close to:
- Medical clinics and pharmacies
- J.C. Saddington Park
The Region of Peel is working with FRAM Building Group to design and build an affordable housing project in the newly created waterfront community Brightwater, located in Port Credit, Mississauga.
The affordable housing project will provide 150 affordable housing units and be designed to be energy-efficient and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The units will include bachelor, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units.
This exciting new affordable housing development will be supported by nearby retail, parkland, commercial and campus spaces.
- September 2022: The project's Minor Variance application is approved at City of Mississauga’s Committee of Adjustment.
- December 2021: The site plan application is submitted.
- December 2020: Regional Council approves agreement 2020-160N for the design and construction of affordable housing at Port Credit West Village be awarded to FS BW Block D GP Inc.
- July 2019: The public meeting information report is received at the City of Mississauga’s Planning & Development Committee for information.
Review the Regional Council report related to Brightwater.
Applications for rental opportunities are not yet available for Brightwater. Learn more about our affordable housing options.
Email housing development for more information about the planning and development of our projects.