Indwell Community Homes
This development will add 40 affordable, supportive housing units in the Streetsville community of Mississauga.
- Applications open
In partnership with Indwell Community Homes, and the governments of Ontario and Canada, this third-party led project will increase critical supply of affordable, supportive housing in Peel.
This project is a multi-residential community with 40 independent apartments and amenity spaces.
Construction is actively in progress.
The project is located at 23 Thomas St and 263 Victoria Ave in Ward 11, Mississauga and is close to:
- Streetsville Memorial Park
- Streetsville Go Station
- Streetsville Library
- Banks and medical centers
Through the creation of 40 deeply affordable housing units within a 3-storey building, including 10 accessible units, this project will bring much needed supportive housing to Mississauga. Supportive housing allows affordable and accessible residential accommodation that provides individual-based support and services so residents can live independently.
This project includes the restoration of 2 existing 19th century heritage homes on site. The preservation of these two homes will help to retain and enhance the neighbourhood’s cultural heritage and character.
The building will be energy efficient, and designed to the Passive House standard to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption.
Once complete, Indwell Community Homes will include:
- 40 independent studio apartments, each with their own kitchen and bathroom.
- 10 of the 40 units will be barrier-free.
- Shared common areas including a patio and servery and gathering area.
- Finished landscaping which will include Indigenous plantings and third floor terrace.
- Heritage value will be incorporated into the project.
- Energy efficient, being designed to the Passive House standard.
- October 2022: Groundbreaking ceremony takes place on site.
- July 2022: Site clean-up and preparation begins.
- April 2022: The City of Mississauga Committee of Adjustment approves the Minor Variance Application.
- December 2021: Indwell Community Homes hosts a second community meeting.
- October 2021: Indwell Community Homes hosts a community meeting.
- September 2021: Regional Council approves Streetsville to receive RHI funding.
- August 2021: The Government of Canada announces $22.9M to create affordable homes in the Region of Peel as part of Round 2 of the Rapid Housing Initiative (RHI) under the National Housing Strategy (NHS).