This third-party led project is providing 68 supportive housing units in Mississauga.
- Applications open
Lakeshore Lofts is being funded through a successful partnership between Peel Region, Indwell Community Homes, the Government of Canada, and the Province of Ontario.
425 Lakeshore Road East is located in Ward 1 in Mississauga and is walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, and community landmarks such as:
- Spruce Park
- Adamson Estate
- The Derry House
- RK McMillian Park
Lakeshore Lofts is also close to fitness centres, banks, Carmen Corbasson Community Centre, Port Credit Library, and Mississauga Transit.
Lakeshore Lofts was created with the community in mind. A supportive housing model will connect residents to health and wellness resources while creating a sense of belonging.
The targeted population Indwell aims to serve includes people with physical disabilities, mental health challenges, substance abuse and addictions issues, and those managing multiple diseases or disorders.
- 4 storey mixed-use building with 68 supportive housing units (one-bedroom and bachelor units)
- Ground floor commercial space that has become the new location for The Compass, a community space for residents across South Mississauga to access a variety of services
- Accessible common spaces and elevators
- Indoor room for parking bicycles and mobility scooters
- Energy efficient, being designed to the Passive House standard
- Lots of natural light.
- Thermostat-controlled heating and cooling.
- Energy-efficient refrigerator and stove in each unit.
- Roller shade blinds are included on all unit windows.
- Storage closets.
Barrier free units include:
- Power door operator entry into the unit.
- Large bedroom for easy circulation.
- Fully accessible washrooms.
- Fully accessible kitchens (clear space under counters, lower outlets).
- Wide corridors.
- February 2022: Construction ends, and tenants begin to move into the building.
- November 2019: Construction begins.
- July 2019: Indwell hosts a community meeting for Mississauga residents to introduce its first supported affordable housing program.
- July 2018: Regional Council approves the contract for new supportive housing in Peel be awarded to Indwell Community Homes.
- November 2017: Peel issues a request for pre-qualification to develop new supportive housing projects in Peel.
The Lakeshore Lofts project was presented to Regional Council on July 12, 2018.
For a copy of the Council report, email email@example.com.