Reaching Home program
Providing funds for community services to address the needs of homeless residents.
Closed for applications
The Reaching Home program is not currently accepting applications.
Reaching Home is a community-based program from the Canadian government aimed at preventing and reducing homelessness. It provides direct funding to communities across Canada to support their efforts in developing local solutions to homelessness.
Join the Community Advisory Board
The program is coordinated at the community level by the Community Advisory Board (CAB). The Region of Peel is accepting applications from residents in Peel to join the CAB.
The CAB is the local organizing committee responsible for setting direction for addressing homelessness in the community. It’s responsible for developing a plan, reviewing applications and recommending funding for Reaching Home projects.
Peel residents are invited to apply to join the Community Advisory Board.
If your community-based organization has a project that will help reduce and prevent homelessness in Peel you can apply for a project grant.
To receive the funding, the project must:
- Focus on activities that help ensure people who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness can stabilize their circumstances to move beyond emergency needs.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to ending homelessness, strong partnerships, and meaningful engagement of people with lived experience of homelessness.
To be eligible for a Reaching Home project grant for 2021/2022, an organization must meet the following requirements:
- Located in the Region of Peel (Brampton, Caledon, Mississauga) with a mandate to provide human and social services.
- Incorporated as a non-profit organization for a minimum of 2 years.
- Governed by a volunteer board of directors that’s representative of the community it serves.
- Provide equal access to services for individuals of diverse cultures and disabilities.
- Have established and documented financial management systems in place and be able to provide relevant annual financial documents.
- In compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for hiring practices and provision of services.
Have the appropriate and necessary liability insurance coverage for all aspects of the organization.
Reaching Home program information and directives can be found at Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy Directives.