Summer housing and homeless support
Together with our partners we’re offering help to our vulnerable communities during the warmer months
In Peel there are many programs available to support housing, shelter and fundamental needs.
Offering 24/7 support for urgent homelessness needs, food, shelter access, referrals and more. The Street Helpline connects to our mobile Street Outreach team who can often come to your location to help. If you’re in crisis or face an urgent need, call us.
We can help you find the best option in any Peel shelter, including in adult, youth, and family shelters. There are dedicated spaces for men and women.
Nelson Street drop in
14C Nelson Street W. Brampton
Monday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Medical services and Harm Reduction Services are Monday to Friday.
- Relax in a socially distanced seating area.
- Free light meals.
- Access to phone, computer, and internet.
- Have access to washrooms and a cot if needed.
- Support for referrals to housing and income support.
- Health services including access to harm reduction workers and nursing staff to meet your health care needs.
Regeneration meal program and support
156 Main St N, Brampton
Facilities and food for people in need, including:
- showers and laundry
- phone and computer
- staff support
- breakfast 8 to 9:30 a.m. (9:15 a.m. on Sundays)
- lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Thursday
- Monday to Friday 7a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays 7 to 9:30 a.m.
- Sundays 7 to 9:15 a.m.
Showers are available until half hour before closing.
Open Window Hub drop in and meal program
The Open Window Hub is available at the following locations:
C Cafe (Civic Centre)
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (by appointment only after 1 p.m.)
Malton Community Centre
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (by appointment only after 1 p.m.)
Port Credit Memorial Arena
Monday: 1 to 3 p.m.
The City of Mississauga’s Central Library offers support to at-risk and homeless people, including referrals for mental health or addictions treatment, housing, and employment services. 905-615-3200 ext. 3541
During the COVID-19 pandemic, box lunches, personal hygiene kits and items such as socks, gloves and hats are provided as needed.
City of Mississauga shower program
Free shower facilities are available Monday to Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
Learn more about Mississauga’s programs to support the homeless.
Mental health support
- Distress Centre Peel: 905-278-7208
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Centre of Peel: 905-278-9036
- Youth Mental Health Crisis Response Service: 416-410-8615