Immunization clinics for newcomers
As a newcomer to Canada, you can protect yourself and your children by keeping your immunizations up-to-date and reporting them to the Region of Peel.
If your child is an international student or has an Interim Federal Health (IFH) number, take your child to your family doctor or a walk-in clinic for an immunization.
- Immunizations for a child with an IFH number are free.
- Immunizations for international students who are registering for or attending school on a student visa may be available at cost or be covered by a private health insurance plan.
Region of Peel immunization clinics
We offer immunization clinics only for children who don't have an Ontario Health Card (OHIP) number but need to be immunized to register for school or child care.
Immunizations at clinics are available by appointment only. Drop-in visits will not be accepted.
Appointments are available at these clinic locations:
Free parking is available.
Access the vaccine fact sheets for newcomers.
Online booking is now available
Book your appointment online and select the preferred date, time or location.
Before attending a clinic, you are required to complete the following:
- an immunization consent form
- a medical questionnaire
- a COVID-19 screening questionnaire
These can be completed online at the time of booking.
If you need help
For medical questions related to the flu vaccine or if you’re not able to access the online booking system, call 905-799-7700. Caledon residents call 905-584-2216.
Before coming to the booked appointment:
- Bring documents that show your child's name and date of birth, such as a passport or Permanent Resident card.
- Come with your child if they are 13 years old or younger.
- You can bring someone with you who can read and understand English.
- Your child will be getting a needle. Make sure they wear a short sleeve shirt and eat a good meal before visiting.
- After the needle you will need to wait 15 minutes.
- You will receive documentation from the nurse to help you keep track of your child's immunizations.