Earning Your Trust & Confidence
Accreditation: the symbol of quality service
What is accreditation?
- A voluntary process.
- A distinction that a health service must earn.
- The symbol of quality service for long-term care centres.
Our accreditation means that:
- Our services and programs meet the standards of excellence set by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), a non-government organization that helps Canadian health services organizations improve the quality of their services and meet internationally recognized standards.
- We’re dedicated to continually improving our centres’ services and programs to earn and keep your trust and confidence.
How did Peel Long Term Care become accredited?
Peel Long Term Care became accredited after our services and programs were compared against internationally recognized standards of excellence.
This process happened in two phases: a Self-assessment Phase, then an on-site survey.
Phase 1: Self-Assessment
During phase one the organization seeking accreditation measures its performance against national standards. Interdisciplinary workgroups identify key documents to show evidence of conformance to standards and determine gaps where further work is required.
Phase 2: On-site Survey
During phase two health experts from CARF use the same national standards to measure the organization. CARF accreditation revolves around a series of surveys organized in a framework called ASPIRE to Excellence™.
The name ASPIRE is linked to six actions:
- Assess the environment
- Set strategy
- Persons served and other stakeholders - obtain input
- Implement the plan
- Review results
- Effect change
CARF’s findings are summarized in a written report that details the organization's strengths and areas for improvement.
CARF then lists recommendations to help the organization respond to areas that need improvement while maintaining areas that are strong.
- Ministry’s Long-Term Care Family Support and Action Line – 1-866-434-0144
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Region of Peel Council