Make an inquiry and access the Region's latest news releases, public notices and Council decisions.
Your inquiry has been submitted. A member of our Communications team will get back to you within 2 business days.
For urgent or time-sensitive media inquiries, call 905-454-3707.
Email News Summaries to be added to our media release distribution list.
Recent news releases
- Region of Peel employee passes away due to COVID-19 - May 12
- Partnership to establish one of Canada’s largest Public Health vaccination centers in Peel Region - May 12
- New COVID-19 vaccine clinic for Black, African and Caribbean residents - May 11
- ‘Doses After Dark’ 32-hour vaccination clinic coming to Peel Region - May 10
- Peel launching largest vaccine week to date - May 7
- Join PAMA online for Museum Month this May - May 6
- All Peel residents 18+ can book COVID-19 vaccine appointments beginning May 6 - May 5
- Additional workplace hotspot vaccination clinics coming to Peel - May 5
- Vaccine stand-by list is now available - May 3
- Peel residents 18 and over in hot spot postal codes can book COVID-19 vaccine appointments beginning May 3 - May 2
- More vaccine clinics set to open in Peel hot spot communities - April 27
- Peel residents 45 and over within select postal codes can book COVID-19 vaccine appointments beginning April 27 - April 27
- Workplace hotspot vaccination clinics begin in Peel - April 26
- Seasonal operating hours begin at three Community Recycling Centres - April 26
- Slow down and stay focused to save lives for National Work Zone Awareness Week - April 26
- Peel Public Health issues first closures under updated Section 22 Order - April 23
- Region of Peel Expands Hours and Makes Improvements at COVID Vaccination Sites - April 23
- Hot spot vaccine clinics in workplaces and the community expanding access in Peel - April 22
- Peel introduces expedited workplace closures to stop spread of variants and protect workers and our community - April 20
- Peel Pride celebrations move to June - April 19
- Temporary changes to garbage collection in Peel from May 3 to June 25 - April 19
- Breaking down transportation barriers in Peel New shuttle service helps connect residents with vaccines as part of Transportation Assistance Program (TAP) - April 16
- COVID Vaccination Appointments available for Educators - April 12
- Region of Peel’s vaccination efforts sees record setting numbers - April 11
- Peel residents 50 and over within select postal codes can book COVID-19 vaccine appointments beginning April 9 - April 9
- Region of Peel announces Gary Kent as CFO and Commissioner of Corporate Services - April 6
- Peel’s newest COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Brampton - April 5
- Peel Public Health issues Section 22 Order to close all Peel schools - April 5
- Peel residents 60 and over will be able to book COVID-19 vaccine appointments beginning April 2 - April 1
- Peel offers curbside battery collection this spring - April 1
- Peel residents 65 and over can now book COVID-19 vaccine appointments at select vaccine clinics - March 31
- Stay Positive and Celebrate this April with PAMA! - March 31
- Peel residents 70 and over can now book their vaccine appointments - March 28
- Good Friday holiday service hours at the Region of Peel - March 25
- Peel’s Community Mass Vaccination Plan (MVP) hits milestone of 100,000 vaccine doses administered - March 22
- Residential rat control subsidy pilot program now available in Peel - March 22
- Same-day COVID-19 vaccination appointments for residents 75 and older available today at six clinics in Peel - March 22
- Peel residents 75 and over can now book vaccine appointments - March 20
- More vaccine appointment options are available for seniors 80+ - March 18
- Indigenous adults in Peel invited to receive COVID-19 vaccines - March 15
- Peel CAO speaks out on escalating harassment - March 15
- Peel Public Health orders Amazon Canada to close all shifts at Brampton facility and have workers self-isolate for 14 days - March 12
- Region of Peel recognizes Day of Mourning - March 11
- Region of Peel partners with The International Centre and Greater Toronto Airports Authority to open large scale COVID-19 vaccination centre - March 8
- New funding for Peel Community Paramedics a major step in the right direction for comprehensive senior care - March 4
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with PAMA this March! - March 3
- Peel Region makes updates to Section 22 Order for Businesses - March 2
- Region of Peel announces Kealy Dedman as Commissioner of Public Works - March 2
- Yard waste collection begins the week of March 8 across the Region - March 1
- Update on who can get the vaccine and how to register in Peel - March 1
- Update on COVID-19 vaccine roll-out and clinic locations in Peel - February 25
- Region of Peel receives UN designation - February 16
- Urgent on-site testing initiated at Mississauga condo to control B.1.351 - February 14
- Ramping up preparations for COVID-19 vaccine roll-out - February 11
- Region of Peel’s 2021 Budget approved by Council - February 11
- Transform your home into a Virtual Escape Room this Family Day weekend with PAMA - February 10
- Family Day holiday service hours at the Region of Peel - February 9
- Region of Peel announces Julie Pittini as Acting Commissioner of Finance and Chief Financial Officer - February 5
- Celebrate Black History Month with PAMA this February - February 3
- Peel Public Health reports first B.1.351 variant case of COVID-19 in Peel, also first in Ontario - February 1
- Garbage tags now available online - February 1
- Sick pay benefits now: help stop the spread of COVID-19 in Peel - January 28
- Winter garbage exemption period is suspended across Peel Region - January 18
- New and voluntary COVID-19 isolation centres open closer to home - January 15
- Peel’s Community Mass Vaccination Plan is underway - January 14
- Garbage tag sales resume across Peel Region - January 14
- Region of Peel's Proposed 2021 Budget now available - January 14
- Protecting the health of front-line workers remains top priority in workplace outbreaks - January 8
Attending Council meetings
Members of the media are welcome to attend Regional Council meetings. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers at the Regional headquarters located at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton.
Meeting dates are available on the Regional Council meetings calendar.
The Region’s Multicultural Media Program is a paid advertisement program for media outlets.
We use this program to place translated advertisements in various print and online publications. These ads communicate and promote select Regional programs, services and events to specific multicultural communities throughout Peel.
A print or online publication must qualify and register to be considered for the program.
To qualify, a publication must serve a specific community in one of the top 15 languages in Peel.
According to the 2016 Canadian Census, these languages are:
- Chinese (simplified or traditional)
- Tagalog (Pilipino/Filipino)
If a publication qualifies, we will include it in our randomly assigned annual advertising cycle.
Registering does not guarantee that we’ll place an advertisement in a publication. Every 4 years, in conjunction with the Region’s Term of Council, we’ll ask publications to validate their information or re-register.