News Release: March 27, 2020
Region of Peel announces financial relief measures due to COVID-19
BRAMPTON, ON. (Mar. 27, 2020) – In response to the impact COVID-19 is having on the community, the Region of Peel is putting in place a number of initiatives to support taxpayers and local municipal decisions. Measures include:
- Deferring the water and wastewater rate increase scheduled for April 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020.
- Introducing a 91-day grace period for water bills due from April 1 – June 30. During this time, no late payment charges will be applied. The grace period will take effect immediately. Customers who are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan can contact us at 905-791-8711 or email ZZGPaymentsNew@peelregion.ca to change scheduled payments.
- Waiving fares for TransHelp passengers.
“The Region of Peel is working closely with Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga to defer tax bill payments,” said Nando Iannicca, Regional Chair. “The Region is very supportive of the measures taken by local municipalities to support residents and businesses in need in their respective communities during this very challenging time.”
For those able to make their water bill payment, please note the following related to methods of payment:
- You can complete the pre-authorized debit form to automatically pay your water bill.
- By phone or online banking - most Canadian banks offer phone or online banking for water bill payments. When searching for the bill payee, include the terms ‘Peel water’ or ‘Region of Peel water’.
- In-person payments are temporarily suspended as front counter services are closed.
Manager, Strategic Client Communications
Region of Peel
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 1636
Region of Peel
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 4386
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.