News release: September 11, 2020
Update on Regional buildings reopening to the public
Brampton, ON (September 11, 2020) – On Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020, the Region of Peel will be reopening a limited number of Access Peel counters and Human Services reception areas to the public.
Access Peel counters:
Three counters that will reopen Monday to Friday include:
- 10 Peel Centre Dr. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 7120 Hurontario St. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- PAMA (Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives) at 7 Wellington St. from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Note: PAMA facilities will remain closed to the public.
Human Services reception areas and cheque windows:
- 10 Peel Centre Drive:
- Reception will be open for limited services and by appointment only.
- Cheque window at 10 Peel Centre Drive will be open:
- the first and last business day of each month – without an appointment
- other days during the month – by appointment only
To make an appointment, please call 905-793-9200 if you live in Brampton or Mississauga; 1-800-327-5379 if you live in Caledon.
- 7120 Hurontario Street:
- Human Services reception and cheque window will remain closed. Ontario Works appointments are being completed over the phone.
Starting with the Regional Council meeting on Sept. 24, Council Chambers will reopen to the public with limited capacity. Residents who would like to attend in-person will need to email Regional Clerk to register. Council meetings are also streamed online at peelregion.ca/council/video/ on Council days.
Safety measures in Regional buildings
When visiting a Regional building, visitors must enter through the main doors and wear a non-medical mask or face covering. The following health and safety measures have been put into place to protect the health and safety of the public and employees:
- Point-of-entry screening assessment
- Clear protective barriers at all service counters
- Informational and directional signage
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols
Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.